Tuesday, April 29, 2008

An Open Letter - Barnes and Noble Man

Dear Barnes and Noble Man,

I hope you were not offended when Celia and I didn't exhibit zeal to continue conversation with you. We didn't want to be rude, but you did interrupt us in the middle of reviewing for our Con Law exam. Courtesy aside, the point you were wanting to make, we had already made more succinctly about 10 minutes prior to your interjection, and more completely several weeks ago in class. While ordinarily we might have been happy to engage you in a discussion on your skepticism of the political process, we were two law students trying to stay on the healthy side of the exam preparation/psychotic episode line. Trust me, it's better for all involved.

As a side comment, I could not help but notice the "Ask me about Barack" pin you were wearing. It coordinated well with the "O" pin you had affixed to your "Obama 2008" commemorative T-shirt. While your attention to the current national political climate are your apparent desire to engage in related discussion are both commendable, the point I wish to make about your button is that you seem to have either misunderstood what it says or intended to grab a different button. The button you thought you were wearing probably says "Ask me about Barack or I will force my way into your private conversation in order to engage you on a topic about which you are likely sick of hearing and that just may cause you to leap through the store's glass window-front and into mercifully oncoming traffic in order to get away." I might be paraphrasing.

Yours,

-Nathan

No comments: